Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Where can I purchase random sign install accessories?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by WhatsYourSign?, Oct 29, 2018.

1. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    We're looking to purchase things like:
    • Decorative caps that go on the top of signs across the full width (i.e. a 8' wide x 4' tall sign)

• An insert that would allow us to install said 8' x 4' sign attached to the middle of a 4"x4" instead of screwing into the front of the 4"x4" post

I'm guessing there are some good suppliers specifically for accessories like this...hoping somebody can point us in the right direction.

Thank you!

Tags:
  2. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Fairly rookie questions, but ok... you need to quantify what you mean by a "cap" for a sign. There isn't anything commercially available that I know of for plywood that is "decorative". If you want to put a decorative look to the sign, you have to cut it in a decorative fashion. Same for an "insert". In the past I've routed a channel into the post for the board to sit in, and screwed through the post into the sign board. Alternately, you can use aluminum angle full width to sandwich the board.

3. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    I started a marketing agency a few years ago and recently purchased a sign company we'd often collaborate with. So if it's a rookie question, that's a fair assessment...I'm not an industry veteran (but I'm pushing myself to learn quickly).

What I'm looking for is something like you see on the top of the sign in the attached picture.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this and that's just crown molding attached to the sign.

Helpful feedback about the channel cut into the 4x4 post. That wasn't exactly what I was thinking (I was thinking of something that attached to the post itself), but that would likely work well enough.

[​IMG]

4. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  5. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  6. WhatsYourSign?