• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where do I get firmware for a jv3-130spII?

gabagoo

My printer is having trouble reading chips...suggested to update firmware, have no idea where to get it? anyone know?

amyink

What is version do you need? We have the file and upate tool.
As normal, lower firmware version can read the chips well? (by the way, are you useing permanent chips)

Amy

gabagoo

What is version do you need? We have the file and upate tool.
As normal, lower firmware version can read the chips well? (by the way, are you useing permanent chips)

Amy

I dont think I have ever done a firmware update in 8 years.... I run jetbest ink on permanent chips and that worked well for 2.5 years, then problems started. Now the machine wont print and we have installed all new chips. It sees some and not others. We then installed an actual 440 cartridge and it sort of worked but after about a week it sees what it thinks is the wrong ink and will not go into remote. I then ordered all 440 cartridges and took the bottles out on the trouble inks, but then it effects other inks.

The distributor thinks it may be because I have not updated the firmware. I have no clue, but if I dont get it up and running in the next few days I may have to order all new Mimaki inks.

amyink

"We then installed an actual 440 cartridge and it sort of worked but after about a week it sees what it thinks is the wrong ink and will not go into remote."

Do you mean the 440ml cartridge worked but the ink is wrong?
What is the problem of wrong ink? ink option is different?

When the 440ml cartridges worked, the printer will be ok.
Problem should be caused by permanent chips.
You can try other permanent chips, as it is not expensive.
It is does not matter with firmware.

Amy