• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you get parts to do this?

TheSnowman

This is a sign we installed the other day. The customer came in Friday, we had permits, utilites marked, etc and installed by Wednesday. My main question is where do you guys get parts for these? We've just used a local fence company to get them, and it works ok, but I feel like the guy is reaming me on this. We had $375 between the parts and the installation. Maybe that doesn't seem like a ton in some areas, but I feel like if I had a wholesale place to order these parts, I could pass the savings on to my customer and do more. I really like how they turn out in the frames.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 338810_10150783385270118_877925117_20326803_7023231_o.jpg
    338810_10150783385270118_877925117_20326803_7023231_o.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 61

CES020

I can't help you on the source, but I laughed when you said local fence company and how they reamed you. We do the same thing and we feel the same way. Never get that "Happy to see you" feeling when we walk in the door to buy something. I had an incident a while back where I needed something like 40 of an item they sold. He said they had zero in stock, but a truck was bringing in 40 of them within a few days. I told him "I'll take all you have coming in". He said "I can't do that, then I won't have any to sell other customers".

I asked him how long it took to get more, he said "3 weeks". I asked him how many he normally sold, and he looked it up and said "We sell about 40 a year" or something like that.

I asked him why I he couldn't sell me all 40, then order some more. He said it would take 3 weeks to get more and a customer might want some before that.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone, thinking to myself "Am I not a customer too?". I don't know what it is about fence supply people, but they sure don't make us sign folks feel too welcome, even when we're bringing cash in hand.

I've been to several of them and they all seem to be the same around here.

signage

Maybe you shoud go over to the fence forum and ask were to get the parts so that you can save money:)

SignManiac

I tried dealing with a fence guy once and I couldn't even get him to give me a price without making it a big deal out of it. Needless to say, that was the last time I dealt with him.

TheSnowman

Well we found a new company that seems to be a little more professional, they have a showroom, etc. They're not real convenient to get to, but then again, neither was the other guy. This new company has at least been emailing back and fourth, returning calls, etc.

It is weird that they all seem to be that same way. I mean, we probably only do one or two of these a month at most in the non frozen months, but I'd like to be able to do more, because I feel like they just come out clean, and then they'll last forever.

We actually had to beef this sign up because they had some kind of a drunken brawl out at the baseball field after a game here. The guy that ordered it wanted to order two signs for when this one gets vandalized or busted out of there. I told him lets just wait and see first. I'm hoping to sell him more, but it'd only be because they deface it, or because they brought their dewalt set w/ them, because they won't be kicking that sign out.