• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you get rid of your waste ink?

Letterbox Mike

Big bucket of kitty litter. Pour it in, let it dry in the litter, then throw away like normal trash... That's what our dealer told us to do, has worked well so far.

MobileImpact

I have a hole dig into the ground, out back by the pond. It's about 12" wide and 36" deep. We pour it in there. Funny thing is the hole never gets filled up. I think it soaks into the ground and just disappears.

Just kidding. The city lets us drop it off to them (No Fee) in coffee cans and they dispose of it.

(I think they have a bigger hole dug out some where.)

Kevin

GK

lol, we had a hole too til some weird plants started to grow around the building :Big Laugh. We actually used to use the kitty litter method in the 5 gal buckets we got from liquid clear coat. About 2 years ago a recycling plant opened down the road, now we just drop the full 5 gal buckets off and they get rid of it properly...probably in the huge pond in the back :rolleyes:

GK

lol its bout time someone send crappy stuff to them instead of the other way around =P

Gino

Premium Subscriber
These guys buy it by the truckload.

See...... it doesn't effect them either.

We save ours in glass bowls and the gold fish recycle through their little gills. It's an interesting process to watch.

Actually, we just let it dry out also and then throw it away. We also have, twice a year, city hazardous pick-ups for free.​

Attachments

• DRINKING INK.jpg
    DRINKING INK.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 152

ChicagoGraphics

You can use a 5 gallon bucket with either kitty litter or what you use for small oil spills. Make sure you put the lid on it while not in use, I pretty much blew my first bucket up, I tossed a cigarette butt in it forgetting what it was......lol

Craig Sjoquist

It's hot and humind here ...so I have big fans so it drips in a mister in front of fans .... that way our customers are colorfull as they come thru door lol

13 folds

GARY CULY

have old 5 gallon paint bucket out in the alley ,,,i pour it all in there put lid on it ,,seems a lot evaporates and turns to muck ...its not hurting our earth or anyone ...im not trying to bend rules of our land but theres only 2 pick -up services in our area ,mostly get old crap from body shops , and there very proud of there service to the piont im not paying that much to come get my old ink

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just pour it out on the ground. Preferably someplace where you won't mind if it stains the area black. A couple of ounces of anything you're likely to generate isn't going to alter the course of history no matter what you do with it.

This what I've been doing for years now. If it pisses someone off, good. I'm sufficiently perverse to take some small pleasure in the discomfort of others whose prejudices I refuse to accommodate.

Bradster941

I sneak over late at night and dump it in my neighbors pool, (he’s a jerk).

Leaves a nice dark ring around the pool.

TheSnowman

I've got 3 old gallon containers of what Application Fluid came in...I never have really thought about where to put them...I just figured I'd start a pyramid w/ them. I'm glad you brought up the subject.