• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you guys get your used Mutoh parts from?

Headhunterx

I may need a motherboard, don't know for sure yet and if someone parts out printers they may have a good one. That is why.

Richard

Headhunterx

Thats alot of money to be taken a chance like that. What is the problem Richard?

You just replied to my other thread about my problem with the error message. and the reason I asked about used parts is because I am my own tech and have been for many years and I buy and repair used printers and it would be a good thing for me to know if there are any places around that part out printers. I have been doing the impossible for years (that is repairing things that people have given up on) and most of your $150 per hour techs are mostly just parts changers anyway (some aren't but most are) just ask one to repair a circuit and see what they say most will just laugh at you, most couldn't use a soldiering gun. Hope I haven't made anyone made but that is just the way it is around here.

Richard

Color Dude

I hear ya on the parts changers...I have followed behind a few of those types in my day.

I am still curious of why you would want to put used parts in machines that you will possibly re-sell. Wouldnt you want to have good parts in them so you know there would be no problems when you sold it?

Used mainboards are hard to find. If you find another resource let us know.

Headhunterx

I hear ya on the parts changers...I have followed behind a few of those types in my day.

I am still curious of why you would want to put used parts in machines that you will possibly re-sell. Wouldnt you want to have good parts in them so you know there would be no problems when you sold it?

Used mainboards are hard to find. If you find another resource let us know.

Just about everyone of these I repair I use in my shop for a few weeks before they go up for sell to make sure they work properly, also I had gotten bad new motherboards before so just because it is used does not mean it is no good or going to fail anytime soon. Look this is not magic these are machines that do a job and most of the problems with machines is the human factor. Most motherboards are human damaged not Machine damaged. I wonder how many motherboards have been damaged by your repair guy who does not ground himself or forgets to cut the power and frys the board and them just happens to tell the client "Oh, I found the problem You need a NEW motherboard"... Besides I am working with used printers here and used parts (as long as they are good parts are welcome) I don't mean that I use junk parts just to get by Buy paying $2000 for a new motherboard (when you can buy motherboards all day long that run your computer for less than $200 (which are more sophisticated is a crime in my book) These printers are not magical things they are machines and as long as you treat them well they will do the same for you.

Richard

Color Dude

Richard:

I wish I had a dollar for the many times I have received a call from a customer stating I changed my printheads and now I cant print nothing, it goes through the motions but no ink is coming out...

Usually when I hear that they changed their own printheads and now have a problem, I ask, "Did you not only turn the power off but unplug the printer and cycle the power button a couple of times." Then I get the big lie of yes I did that. So when we confirm their is ink in the dmapers and we have ink flow..I have them check the fuses on the mainboard with a alligator clip, once the printer starts prining again, I then say, now tell me the truth, did you actually unplug the power cord before you changed the heads..once I prove that it was their mess up, they then come clean. As you know, its hard to fool a true technician. In my opinion a true technician can troubleshoot just about any problem and know the symptoms of what happens to cause the problems they are having. I have been doing repairs and troubleshooting 5 years and I am still amazed at end-users. Sometimes you have to let peoplpe find out on their own that there is more to repairing than just changing a part.

As for your in house testing before selling, I am so glad to hear that you do that.