• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you guys make your money?

Riskok

Hello everyone

After one year in this business I have been thinking on what areas do you make most money?
I have one Roland SP-540 and we mostly do decals and MX graphics.

But there must be something else out there? Car wraps? Signs? Etc.

So what’s the best thing for me to do to make more money whit my machine?

Best Regards Patrik the Swede

astro8

Signage - neon, illuminated, fabricated, routered, engraved, cut, painted or printed.

That's what we do...diversify and expand, get your fingers into all the pies.

gabagoo

when it comes to most money, nothing beats small decals. The profits are high and the material costs are low. if I could run 10 decal jobs a day I would have it made.

Tim Aucoin

BANNERS! Great $$ to be made. Because this is an open forum, I won't discuss my costs vs. sell, but I can tell you that If I could run 3-5 banners per day on a regular basis, I'd be taking a few more vacations!!

Mosh

We farm around 900 acres, that is where I make my money... At the shop we don't really have one area, we do all kinds of signs, about anything that comes in the door.
From carved stuff to wraps to 120' long banners.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I just design..

Right now, retail centers and lots of code signage (ADA, fire safety and parking) for architects and sign shops, small business identity and quite a bit of print marketing materials for sign shops.

Last year was entertainment venues and apartment/condo sign systems.

miltondavis

Repeat Orders on Print jobs such as jobsite signs, stickers, magnetics, banners etc. nothing beats a client calling up or emailing me that they need XX quantity more of the same project we did last month.

Craig Sjoquist

Mine mostly comes from ..Window Splash Advertising..
Then storefronts mostly rough surfaces
Then redo of present advertising cause vinyl shops here do not know what advertising is
Next would be trucks, trailers, to banners and other temporary signage

If I had a printer ... wow .. small decals for sure then life size pictures of people and animals to murals on garage doors and house doors to walls..
I would go after what other shops are not doing in my area or not good enough.
You say MX graphics that crowd might like a picture of them on there bike inside there house or where ever, maybe on tables in a hangout they like or restaurant and bars

You bought into a good paying job just get out there and hustle and try new ways and means, above all study good design that is 60% of everything so read read read practice practice practice