Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Where does everyone get their vinyl from?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Decal Deli, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Decal Deli

Decal Deli New Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    What suppliers do you use for acquiring vinyl? I'm new and trying to figure out how to get the best deal on 12" rolls. Currently buying 651 off amazon

2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    No professional shop uses 12" rolls, I assume you have a Cricut or other similar hobby machine?

Some vinyl suppliers will slit full rolls down to whatever width you like, might look into that.

3. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I don't know of anyone that sells 12 inch rolls. 15 inch is the smallest I've seen. But yeah, you could get a 24, 36, or 48 inch roll slit down and it'd probably be way cheaper than what you currently pay.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    FDC films cuts their vinyl rolls from master rolls so they have a huge variety of sizes they sell including 12". They will even do 1" rolls.

5. Decal Deli

Decal Deli New Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, I own a Silhouette Cameo 3 and recently entered vinyl stickers/decals as a part-time (for now) endeavor. Wish I had the capital for a larger format cutter/printer!

Does anyone have other recommendations for suppliers that will slice to 12" rolls? I'm just looking for opportunities to cut material costs.

6. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    Specialty-graphics, McLogans signs supply, Sign Mart, Sign Warehouse are some where you can find the smaller rolls for decals.

7. ShockWave print

ShockWave print New Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Try uscutter

8. Scott Sneddon

Scott Sneddon New Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Layton Utah
    I buy from Alan at Regional Supply.

9. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member