• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Where does one draw the line between graphics and a wrap?

Now we're talking.

Do you have a set of wrap magnets for helping with placement?

I'm sure you know all this but if not, cut patches of magnetic material and use them instead of tape to hold your pieces in place. You should be able to slide your pieces a little here and there to get close alignment. Once you have the bulk of a piece on the van, you can gently pull off the transfer tape off wherever it's keeping you from working it into the indentations and such.

Good luck and hope it all goes well. It's a huge compliment when clients want YOU to do their work.

I have about a dozen super magnets, a mix of Avery and Image One Impact, plus a few extra cheapie rectangular mags that we get free at trade shows. The cheapie ones scare me on paint, but I wrap the bottom side with masking tape and they do okay. I always use magnets when possible. The rectangular ones are great to position things and then the super mags are good for keeping them there.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'll post heat and use IJ180 but I'll also work into each recess as I go. That's why I say it's a little out of my comfort zone. It will require printing and cutting the stripe/star into manageable sections and a bit of laying everything out and measuring before laying the first piece down but I'm up for the challenge. The stripe/star is the only thing that might be a little tricky but I'm sure if I take my time it'll all work out okay.
It will, that vinyl is forgiving.

jimbug72

"Once you have the bulk of a piece on the van, you can gently pull off the transfer tape off wherever it's keeping you from working it into the indentations and such. "

How has this NEVER dawned on me before?!? Threads like this is what makes this site so great!

Edit: I didn't do the quote this right for this message...