• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where is the line come from?need help for my mutoh 1304

johnyxia

the nozzle check seems ok.cmy no problem,black only have two line missing.but the print quality is terriable.many white lines shows on the black color.
any luck?

Attachments

• Photo0022[1].jpg
    Photo0022[1].jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 122

ironchef

What kind of black you using? Looks like its too much black. Or low quality, try a higher quality profile.

ironchef

I had this problem couple weeks ago.... was laying on too much black. Try 10 40 40 100. Or 40 40 40 100.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120907_220607.png
    ForumRunner_20120907_220607.png
    489.7 KB · Views: 118

FatCat

Try using a uni-directional profile and see what you get. If it goes away, you likely have too many missing black nozzles. If it doesn't then I would guess you need to do a PF adjustment for that specific material.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
is it possiable the print head or maintanece pump need to be changed?
Replacing the head would be the last resort - maintenance station second to last to be replaced.

0,0,0,100 has never printed well on my 1304.
Illy's RGB black that ends up 75,68,67,90 in cymk prints a nice rich black - even when running in high speed 4 pass banner mode.
I'd try adjusting your color and trying a few profiles first before you change out any parts.
Post up a photo of your nozzle check if you can.

wayne k
guam usa

Tonio0920

Your black seems to have a lot of nozzles misfires,you cannot see it on the nozzle check on the normal mode, you check it on the diagnosis mode.

1. Before pressing the power on the up,down and right key,press it until the initializing is finished.
2. Use the left and right arrow key to navigate,look for adjustment menu.
3. Press enter then look for nozzle print.

You will see the full print of the cmyk,my solution to that is you need to ink charge your printer.but you have to be careful and extra cautious,too much inkcharge can break you printhead.

By the way how long you have using you mutoh?

johnyxia

thanks,but could you tell me what is the ink charge?is it mean cleaning procedure?

someone is selling it.and I want to buy.when I go there to check,I found this problem.actually I did not own it yet untill I can fix that problem.hehe!

Tonio0920

Ink charge is in the features of the printer.it does the automatic cleaning of the printhead.longer than the normal cleaning.i suggest do the nozzle check first on the diagnosis mode before you perform ink charge.

sgraves

Ink charge

Ink charge is the process to fill the heads with ink. When you change heads an ink charge is required. At other times it can be used to clean the heads, but be aware it uses a lot of ink. During ink charge and cleaning the capping station comes up against the heads and sucks ink through them. Since ink charge does this for a longer period of time it has a greater chance of clearing nozzles. My Falcon Outdoor has a "Powerful" cleaning cycle in the maintenance menu. This is less extreme than an ink charge but does more than a "Normal" cleaning cycle.

Also, while not likely, you could have an air leak in your black feed line (most often at the damper) the black could be starving for ink. On my Falcon the heads are above the ink cartridges, an air leak has the same effect as an air leak in a siphon. It doesn't take much to disrupt the pumping action of the heads. I don't think this is likely, because if it were the problem the missing nozzles would get worse with time. Only a cleaning cycle would remove the air.