• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where is the "T-Sponge/T-Filter" on my SP540?

The T-Sponge is located below the rectangular sponge (in front of the wipers). Carefully remove the rectangular sponge (use tweesers) and it will be in the recess below.

Bob

SP-Series comes with just two sponge filters:

Upper Filter (rectangular sponge pad)

T-Sponge (goes below)

Bob

Inkfish Graphics

Ok, this little 1" sponge looks like this. I dont see any matching sponge under the regular rectangular sponge.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 90
That 'T' sponge is intended to wick the excess ink that passes through the top rectangular sponge into the hole at the bottom of the tray. After you remove the rectangular sponge, simply drop it into the center hole, with the longer bar going down into the hole. The crossbar will catch on the edges, and assist in wicking the ink into the hole where it will end up in the waste bottle.

Bob

Check to see if the previous T Sponge has fell down the drain line..you don't want it to be clogging this line. It's simply a wick below the mist sponge to route down the drain line.

GregT

It does go in the hole under the square sponge, then onto the pads below. We don't replace ours to often...