• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where is the VP-540i encoder strip?

ams

It's been 5 years and I've never cleaned my encoder strip on my VP-540i. Can someone tell me where it's located and how to access it?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
right under the point where the inner labia meet and form a little hood, just rub it with your finger.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
On top of the Y rail above the bearing rail.. Looks like a dark gray strip of plastic. You shold be able to get it all just by opening the covers. You'll need to move the carriage out of the way to clean the strip behind it. Make sure that you only use Isopropyl Alcohol, not Roland (or any other brand) cleaning fluid.

ams

On top of the Y rail above the bearing rail.. Looks like a dark gray strip of plastic. You shold be able to get it all just by opening the covers. You'll need to move the carriage out of the way to clean the strip behind it. Make sure that you only use Isopropyl Alcohol, not Roland (or any other brand) cleaning fluid.

Thanks