Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Where to buy a CJV150 printhead?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by maxflags, Jul 13, 2020.

1. maxflags

maxflags New Member

Jul 13, 2020
    NRW
    Hi.

I have a mimaki CJV150-107 printer. I don't know what happened to the printhead. It seems that it glued to the capping station and with a cleaning movement the gold membrane got damaged.

Can somebody tell me where to buy a new printhead in europe? My mimaki dealer in germany wants 2500 € for a new one. When I search for a printhead on google I can find several offers starting from $ 1000.

made-in-china offers a L1440 printhead (compatible to mimaki) for $1000.

digiprint supplies has negative feedback, sells at 1500 €.

sign-in-china is at $2300. But with customs and taxes it is the same price my mimaki dealer offers.

Thanks a lot Chris.

Tags:
  2. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Usually many Chinese or Thailand websites are fake with prices bellow $1500. Digiprint supplies has many bad feedback, but bought from them some parts and didn't have any problem. I've read people lost momey also of course but except dealer, i think they are the second more trustworthy from the online stores.

• Like Like x 1
  3. maxflags

maxflags New Member

Jul 13, 2020
    NRW
    Yes... digiprint has many negative evaluations on trustpilot. The thing is, if they don't proactively collect on trustpilot, you will only see negative feedback.

4. Francis Drake

Francis Drake New Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Cluses
    Got a lot of bad experiences on the net... but I recently ordered a printhead at lfprinterparts.com thanks to a friend of mine. Got delivered an original head a couple of days later and I'm happy with it...

5. maxflags

maxflags New Member

Jul 13, 2020
    NRW
    Hi Francis.

lfprinterparts offers the printhead for 2350 €. It includes memory board and manufacturer head ID. What exactly does this mean? The digiprint offer for 1500 € is without memory board. Is the memory board this small PCB on the frontside of the printhead? Can I use my old memory board with a new printhead?

Thanks Cris

6. Francis Drake

Francis Drake New Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Cluses
    Hi Cris, i've heard some use "compatible" heads and re-use old memory board but i always prefer sticking to original.
    the guy on live chat at lfprinterparts.com was very helpful. maybe would be worth to contact them..

7. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    With the DX5 Mimaki heads, sometimes the old memory board works and sometimes it doesn't. It depends on how old the head rank on the old head is. If it's too far apart from the new one, it can cause issues.

• Informative Informative x 1