• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to Buy Acrylic Bending Tools

dbot

Im looking to purchase acrylic bending tools.

Wanting a heat strip bending jig for making brochure holders etc. Also looking for those tools that you use to hand make channel letters.

Can anyone suggest who would supply such items.

Thanks in advance.

JimmyG

I have made several of my own over the years using various heat elements...So, it depends on what size you need...
50" EMX Strip Heater-Fabricator | U.S. Plastic Corp. It will bend up to 4 feet...
I made longer ones in past 6-8 feet long to bend clear covers for window neon borders... I found a flexible heat strip that was really easy to use and build a a bending strip...Like these... High Temperature, Dual-Element Heating Tapes they work hot and fast....They need to be stretched straight on heat proof tape and mounted between guides to keep acrylic material 1/2 inch + away from contact with the acrylic.

JimmyG

For hand building channel letters, a little hand bender like this In US Stock, Dual-axis Metal Channel Letter Angle Bender Bending Tools, Bending Width 145mm: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific is a MUST have...
With a bit of searching you still can find one... I built one similar copied from a very old one that a friend had.
upload_2017-6-1_14-30-38.jpeg