• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy best Felt Squeegee

S

scarface

Hey guys, I seen that H&H which is a member here has a felt squeegee on their online store http://www.hhsignsupply.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=20358

Would this be what i'm needing for going over digital prints to get silvering out quicker that won't scratch the lam/vinyl? Even with hard pressure?

I see some of the oracal ones online as well which look the same but three times the price.

Just want to get something that's going to do the job right.

Thanks!

The lidco don't last very long, avery's are much better but we now use the Geek Wrap squeegee's and buy them from Fellers. They are expensive but they last so much longer than even the Avery's. We are still using the first one we bought over a year ago.

Malkin

We have some of the oshee and some of the mactac, both solid felt. The mactacs are a little firmer.

Also, a tip for solid felt squeegee's: The more it's used, the better they work (get softer). To break in a new one, let it soak in water for a while, then dry out. It will help round out the square edges.

Turtle

I use several different types of squeegees for different applications. For a burnisher to get out the silvering I would use the Geekwraps squeegee. The faux suede sewn onto the 1 side will scratch less than felt (also last much longer). However you are burnishing a more rugged polycarb lam a teflon squeegee made by lidco for $1.99 (from Fellers) would do the trick. After all that is what they make the Geekwraps one out of.
What laminates are you getting silvering from anyway?