• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WHere To Buy Chevy Blazer Xtreme Flames Kit

GullasGraphics

A local body shop has asked me to replace one of the oem flames going down the side of an '04 chevy blazer Xtreme. I called GM and they don't make the decals anymore. I googled many different word combinations to try and find anyone who might have an oem or replica decal for sale, with no luck.

The flame itself isn't all that complicated. I'm sure I could recreate the actual outline of the graphic but it is an orange color that fades to red with a purple outline. I don't do digital printing in house I only have a vinyl plotter. I could layer the orange and purple but I cant get the fade to red. The job is too small to sub out to any of the printers I generally use.

I mainly do signs and apparel. Vehicle graphics like this are really not my forte. I told the customer this, but there are no other local shops that can do it and they are in a hurry to get it done. There are plenty of vinyl shops here but most of them have no idea what they are doing.

I guess I'm open for any kind of advice on the subject. I'd hate to deal with a digital printer because none of the ones I use have color management so that I can get it right. I could airbrush the red on the orange but thats also a pain for such a small project. I guess I'm just really hoping someone knows where I can buy an oem or replica decal from. Or maybe someone out there has already printed one of these and has it on file? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

signage

If you can cut them the yellow and purple they should be able to paint the fade onto the flames or find a local airbrush artist to do it!

GullasGraphics

I threw that out there when I first looked at the truck and they said they couldn't paint it. I live in a fairly small town. This body shop is the biggest one in the area and they don't do any airbrushing at all. As far as I know there isn't a single airbrush artist in this whole area. I happen to have an airbrush but ive never used it. I'm sure I could figure it out, as this would be a fairly simple design to do, but I don't have the time or patience to do the job over and over until I get it right. I'm very meticulous. At this point, the customer doesn't even care if it matches the other side all that well, they just want it done. But I won't do the project unless I know I can do it well. I want to help the customer out because they are out of options, but I wont be a part of a project that doesn't come out well.

Change both sides to what you can do. Tell them that you have exhausted all other possibilities. That scenario is getting common now with everyone doing digital print.

Border

I do quite a bit of work for body shops, and on something like that, I usually just sell them on redoing both sides with some similar, or even just a totally new look on both sides. Just tell them "it's not available anymore and THESE are your options, unless you are prepared to spend a great deal of money to get these duplicated and even then, it will end up being slightly different at best."