• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy cleaning stuff for printers?

davepark

Where do you guys buy cleaning stuff like denatured alcohol, cleaning swabs + pads... for your printer?

I have a mutoh valuejet and am a newbie, not sure to buy all this....

thanks

gbarker

Denatured alcohol can be purchased by the gallon at any home improvement store. As for actual cleaning solution for my printers, I usually buy a cleaning cart and crack it open, cut the corner of the bag off and empty it into a CLEAN container. I generally find myself running out of cleaning solution and since I keep cleaning cartridges here I use what I have. Then order a new one.

gbarker

I haven't checked pricing by the bottle lately. Haven't needed to. As stated earlier I generally forget to order more and use what I have. Granted it's not the best solution for the problem but it'll work in a pinch. Just trying to help the guy out.

Since we are getting technical, I wonder, is it really a single liquid and can be classified as a solvent or is it two or more chemicals/components and should be classified as a solution? Mutoh's website calls it Washing Liquid and according to the MSDS it is a composition of one chemical and multiple minerals so I guess it really is a solution...

Stealth Ryder

It is the ink without the pigment, kinda like paint thinnner to paint... It is considered and commomly reffered to as an Eco-Solvent.

Stealth Ryder

The MSDS for K is attached

Attachments

• MSDS Eco Ultra Black.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • MSDS.JPG
    MSDS.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 125