• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy Mimaki blades?

Jesse_gvi

Does anyone know where I could get blades for the Mimaki FX series of cutting plotters that aren't "General Vinyl" blades? The one that came with the plotter lasted a lot longer and was better for fine-cutting than the ones from the factory via Advantage.

Jesse_gvi

What is the combo blade? On our old Graphtec, we used a blade that had a more acute angle to it than the "General Vinyl Blade" from Mimaki. The problem is that the serifs on smaller letters stick straight up after they are cut.

cleancutblade

The combo blade is a cross between the General blade and the small character blade (50° offset .005). The angle is higher (50°) but the cutting edge is longer because it has the same offset as the general purpose blade (37° offset .0012)

Jesse_gvi

I purchased the combo blades and they seem to be the solution to my problem. The factory blades seem to get exponentially duller at the beginning and then stay dull for a while until they just go bad. I put in these new blades from Clean Cut Blade a while ago and they're still sharp. I'm not having the problem with the serifs sticking up either. I would recommend these blades to any who are tired of continually changing the factory blades.