Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Mimaki blades?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by Jesse_gvi, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Does anyone know where I could get blades for the Mimaki FX series of cutting plotters that aren't "General Vinyl" blades? The one that came with the plotter lasted a lot longer and was better for fine-cutting than the ones from the factory via Advantage.

Tags:
  2. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005
  3. cleancutblade

cleancutblade Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Waterloo
    I guess I know where you can find them and get a 25% discount too. Are looking for the "combo" blade? :Cool 2:

4. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    What is the combo blade? On our old Graphtec, we used a blade that had a more acute angle to it than the "General Vinyl Blade" from Mimaki. The problem is that the serifs on smaller letters stick straight up after they are cut.

5. cleancutblade

cleancutblade Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Waterloo
    The combo blade is a cross between the General blade and the small character blade (50° offset .005). The angle is higher (50°) but the cutting edge is longer because it has the same offset as the general purpose blade (37° offset .0012)

6. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    I highly recommend clean cut blades!

7. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I purchased the combo blades and they seem to be the solution to my problem. The factory blades seem to get exponentially duller at the beginning and then stay dull for a while until they just go bad. I put in these new blades from Clean Cut Blade a while ago and they're still sharp. I'm not having the problem with the serifs sticking up either. I would recommend these blades to any who are tired of continually changing the factory blades.