• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to find a review?...

We are looking into getting a Summa Plotter the 3 plotters that we are looking at are the d75 s75-d and the s75-t none of these have reviews on the site here and google doesnt do much for me at all. Does anyone have experience with these and if so can yout ell me some pros/cons? I know that Summa is a good brand so is it even worth looking for a review or should we just get the one that we think will do what we need it to do and trust the brand.

HulkSmash

from what i've heard summa is the Mercedes of plotters. but why spend 10k on a plotter when you can get a mimaki or a graphtec that does the same thing. just sayin...

im referring to the 64 inch btw.

Letterbox Mike

We've had the D75, S75T and currently run the S160D. Killer plotters. We've had other brands (Roland and Graphtec) and will not buy anything but Summa now. Speaking from extensive experience, yes, technically they all plot, but they are not all created equal by any stretch of the imagination. The headaches and daily battles we fought with other brands are totally nonexistent now. They are real work horses and are very reliable and accurate. Summa's support is also top notch.

Will the D75 cut diamond grade reflective vinyl? Our current plotter only has 200 grams of force and does good to cut engineer grade. Is 400 grams enough pressure to cut the diamond grade?

CS-SignSupply

With the right blade, about 300 grams should do it. I always cut using tangential mode with a 60 degree blade. Assuming, your mention of Diamond Grade is the Micro-Prismatic.

Letterbox Mike

I'd go with the tangential if you plan on cutting a lot of reflective, especially prismatic. The drag knife probably will cut it okay but it'll be hard on it over time. The T head has I think 200 more grams of downforce and it's made to cut heavy thick materials like sandblast stencil and reflective.

Brandon708

this may be helpful for you.

I also just found a supplier that sells them for thousands under MSRP

Attachments

• FC8000_sales manualnewrev5.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 382

Letterbox Mike

if your not paying for it tell him to get a laminator!

+1, above all else our laminators are the single most important tools we have, without them we'd be lost. Not necessarily for laminating but every single thing we mount goes through it, The amount of labor and frustration they save over the "old fashioned" way is staggering.