Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find Hanger Bars/Strips?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Lindsey, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Lindsey

Lindsey Not A New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    Does anyone know if and where I could buy pre-made hanger bars (hanger strips) for a large backlit sign box that I'm making a new face for? EX-13 frame. 4' x 21'.

There used to be a company/product called "Quick Strip", that offered both acrylic and polycarb bars but I can't find them anymore.

I really don't want to cut the hanger bars myself on the saw.

Any help/insight/tips would be appreciated!

2. Patco

Patco Member

Apr 17, 2007
    So Cal
    When you buy it off the roll it will come 52". You need to cut the excess off anyway. perfect for hanger strip.

Pat

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindsey

Lindsey Not A New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    Thank you Pat. That's what I've done in the past, and probably what I'll end up doing again, since I can't find the pre-made bars available.
    I have a safety speed cut panel saw, and cutting tiny 1/2" strips on it isn't any fun.

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    On the CNC router, I tend to cut a series of C's connected to one another, so that each 1/2" is still connected to a 4' piece. Takes a lot of the vibration out. Make sure to start from the top and work your way down.
    upload_2020-10-26_17-35-34.png

Attached Files:

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1