• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to get faux neon sign?

nolanola

Hello!

We are hoping to outsource an imitation neon or faux neon sign and want to see if anyone has had a good experience with a specific company? We attempted to make the sign on our own & did not get the results we wanted. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

nolanola

Something similar to the product in image attached. There are many different brands to choose from that offer LED tubing. Looking for recommendations on which are best.

Attachments

• imitation neon.jpg
    imitation neon.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 301

MikePro

just did a project where we replaced all the neon in a set of 8ft tall letters in Milwaukee with Sloan FlexiBrite LED tubes. the silicone encasing has a hollow-channel at the rounded-top that helps diffuse the light diodes, lights up super clean & bright with zero "christmas-tree" effect.

henryz

LED-Neon-Flex-Slim.jpg Faux neon acrylic letters.jpg Like Mike mentioned, depending on what you are trying to achieve is the product you will need to use. We've used both flexible and rigid like GE and Sloan. GE contour product need to be heated but hold the letter shape really well. You can also route the acrylic and routed to give the neon look too. If you like to upload the design I can gladly help you out.

nolanola

Hey All - Thank you for the help thus far, but we are looking to specifically outsource the product.
We have successfully creates imitation neon signs in house with GLLS products but are not interested in continuing making products in house.
Does Sloan or GE offer finished products?

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
If it is for something like Biglari signature that they put on Steak n Shake, that is a routed letter, filled with leds. You'd have to be careful finding fab shops that won't try to poach your customer from you. GE and Sloan do not offer finished products. You'd have to call someone like Bitro or SteelArt. This Biglari is no fun if it is fabbed badly. There is nothing to service except the power supply, so any outages means you have to refab the whole thing...
11942176_1496338294019807_7904462185670514692_o.jpg

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
Hello JBurton, I own a small company that specializes in trimless channel letters that can be fabricated with clean edges and even illumination similair to the aforementioned acrylic block letters but with some distinct advantages.

20190920_145520.jpg

Custom Boxes Zone

William Spencer
If it is for something like Biglari signature that they put on Steak n Shake, that is a routed letter, filled with leds. You'd have to be careful finding fab shops that won't try to poach your customer from you. GE and Sloan do not offer finished products. You'd have to call someone like Bitro or SteelArt. This Biglari is no fun if it is fabbed badly. There is nothing to service except the power supply, so any outages means you have to refab the whole thing...
11942176_1496338294019807_7904462185670514692_o.jpg

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
Sorry for late reply. Here's a few examples of neon faux.

Attachments

• 20211013_172150.jpg
    20211013_172150.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20211014_100739.jpg
    20211014_100739.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 20220921_123550.jpg
    20220921_123550.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • FB_IMG_1652302133311.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652302133311.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 125

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you are looking for someone to outsource this to, try Grimco. They came in and went through their LED items with us when we were considering switching vendors for certain items. While they were here they said that they make these (I was hoping to get info on how to make them in-house). Ask for Ben Hannam there. bhannam@grimco.com

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
We just do acrylic push through to get a neon like affect. We also do some cool logo boxes with push through graphics that can get more creative. The difficult part is that you need fairly good router skills/ hold down techniques to do long thin lines required for neon faux sign on a router. I guess we are a competitor for GRIMCO for the fancier channel letter styles although we are much smaller. We got quite a bit of work from Grimco clients during the good old covidian times when the Grimco factory in Mexico had a delay for some reason and people were scrabbling for alternatives.