• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Where to get wholesale, precut Optix DA acrylic?

Anthony DePalma

Hello, I am looking for a distributor of Optix DA for direct to acrylic printing. Does anyone have a wholesale manufacturer they can recommend that can precut sheets to certain sizes (8.5x11).

Do you think there are big savings to cut the sheet myself instead? I don't know if thats a slow process or what kind of hardware is used, however.

Also if anyone recommends any other brands of acrylic that are meant for printing without a promoter, that may be the same or less expensive, please let me know. Thanks!

VISCOM

Hello, I am looking for a distributor of Optix DA for direct to acrylic printing. Does anyone have a wholesale manufacturer they can recommend that can precut sheets to certain sizes (8.5x11).

Do you think there are big savings to cut the sheet myself instead? I don't know if thats a slow process or what kind of hardware is used, however.

Also if anyone recommends any other brands of acrylic that are meant for printing without a promoter, that may be the same or less expensive, please let me know. Thanks!

VISCOM

Harbor Sales sells Optix DA 1/8" / 3/16" / 1/4" thickness... I use this all the time great stuff

rossmosh

Contact your acrylic supplier and get a price quote for them to cut the sheet down to size.

Then contact a local person with a 4x8 laser cutter (best tool for the job) or 4x8 CNC (slightly worse) and ask them for a price quote for the same task.

Take the pricing and compare it to the cost and time to cut it yourself using a decent table saw. Then proceed how you feel would benefit you most.

Anthony DePalma

Then contact a local person with a 4x8 laser cutter (best tool for the job) or 4x8 CNC (slightly worse) and ask them for a price quote for the same task.

Ah I was wondering what the bigger companies use to cut these sheets. I guess the main benefit with the laser cutter is you can set the whole sheet down to be cut cleanly and automatically? I might even investigate one of these machines for myself..

Anthony DePalma

Harbor Sales sells Optix DA 1/8" / 3/16" / 1/4" thickness... I use this all the time great stuff

Question if you please - is the coating translucent? Meaning if I were to only print on half of the printable surface, would the unprinted part still remain see-through? Is there any haze that prevents light from passing through?