• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to get wordpress themes?

J

john1

Hey, I am wanting to get a nice template for WP.

I have searched on themeforest and didn't find anything i liked really. Anyone have any good sites of commercial templates to buy?

Thanks!

Jon Aston

Hey John.

I could probably be of more help if I knew what you were looking for, exactly...but if you have time to browse, you might find something of interest here.

Personally, I would recommend you consider Headway Themes. There's a bit of a learning curve, and some (minimal) expense involved, but it gives you a solid foundation for customizing wordpress without having to learn a bunch of code. There's more to it than that, though... including a powerful SEO toolset and a very helpful community.

I'm obviously not a designer (just a marketer), but here are a few of the sites I've build using Headway - from newest to oldest. Obviously, I'm still experimenting and learning:
RapidSignsOmaha.net
MonsterGolf.ca
MarketingPartners.ca
SignsnSuch.com

Good luck!

betto

Wordpress Themes

Hi John,

Wordpress.org has a lot of free themes:

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

You can also find some really good ones by Googling for "free wordpress theme", "dark wordpress theme", etc...

There are a lot of good ones out there.

If you are looking for a way to make your own custom theme or customize one you've downloaded without the hassle of learning how to code, I find Artisteer ( http://www.artisteer.com/?p=home ) to be pretty user friendly and you can download a trial to see if it meets your needs before you buy it.

Hope this helps.

----- Brandon

tanneji

Yeah artisteer is excellent for getting one up and running. They aren't super customizable but great for basic stuff and once you make the templagte you can then edit the code bit by bit. That way you dont have to start from scratch.

royster13

The problem with "stock themes" is they look like "stock themes".....Best to find a template you can customize to make it look unique....