• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to purchase a jv33 head

Murray

Does anyone have any advice/experience on where to purchase a new head for my jv33 260 The current head is spraying a very very fine cyan mist everywhere so im assuming that it is the beginning of the end of the head. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• overspray.jpg
    overspray.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 67

lulok07

Does anyone have any advice/experience on where to purchase a new head for my jv33 260 The current head is spraying a very very fine cyan mist everywhere so im assuming that it is the beginning of the end of the head. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion everything is fine with head. Try to change head data cable (tape).

Murray

Thank you for your comment lulok07 I absolutely will try that first as I'm guessing it will be less expensive and less labour intensive than a new head.

I have recently noticed an occasional splatter, like a very small droplet or droplets of cyan showing up at random places and at random times during the print process

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You might have a failing damper as well. Usually when ink is dropping on the print you either have a bad damper or there is an "inkcicle" forming on the bottom of the head because of dust/hair build up which causes ink to build up and fall while the head is moving back and forth.

Another thought: If you're using aftermarket inks then you may want to treat that cyan ink as suspicious too. In my experience, cyan ink is the most difficult color for manufactures to produce and I've seen many occasions where cyan overspraying was resolved just by flushing out those lines and switching to OEM cyan or another brand on just those colors.