• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to start?

signsvictoria

I would like to get our shop into a small CNC machine but I don't know enough about them to even ask questions. I want something that's going to have roughly a 24"-30" bed, so something pretty small. What should I be looking for? I think a used machine would be a good start, I think it might be used 1-2x per week.

Thanks
KT

2B

SHOPBOT is where you need to start looking, they have an extensive online support system and good machine to start off with

Gene@mpls

A Shopbot Buddy (BT-32) is 24x32 and was my first machine. I think it was about 6k used and was a real education for me before I moved up. They also come as
a 24x48 (BT-48) which can be fairly easily upgraded to a 48x48 which is a very useful size. Again the support system is extraordinary. They also come with Vectric
V-carve pro- which is a great program. Gene