Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheres encoder strip? SP-300i

Discussion in 'Roland' started by john1, Nov 13, 2012.

1. john1

john1 Guest

I can't find this darn strip, Anyone know how to access it on a SP-300i?

I watched a video of another model on youtube and by searching the forums but it doesn't show how they accessed it.

I am having fuzzy/grainy prints (more then normal) and want to clean it. It's the only other thing I have never changed besides the heads and cap tops

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    Tags:
  2. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Yea, same on mimaki, whats the best way to clean it? Swab with ?

3. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    Lint free rag with alcohol is best. Don't rub back and forth. Start at one end and travel to the other. Eliminates scratches.

Use a flash light to see if anything was left on the strip after you've cleaned it.

On the sp300i, you might have to remove the top cover to access the strip. Maybe 5 or 6 philip head screws. If you don't want to do this, you can take a big swab, bent the plastic handle to 90 degrees, wrap the end with the rag and be able to clean the back of the strip.

Dave

4. john1

john1 Guest

Thanks guys, Just seen i didn't reply back.

5. totalimage

totalimage Active Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Flip it over it will be good as new ....