• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wheres my ONYX cut files going?

Dtron10

Graphic Design/Production
Hello,

I'm printing on a HP360....recently it's letting me print just fine...Does the usual printed bar code for registration. Once I open my ONYX Thrive Cut program I don't see the bar code/file in that list. There's been no other problems previously like this...just all of a sudden the cut files aren't showing up after it's completely done printing.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Are you sure your quick set has cut line detection enabled?
We sometimes forget to pick the right one and we end up with no cut file. No biggie though... run the job again with the proper quickset then cancel the job before it starts to print.
Cut file goes into CutServer and we can continue the job.

FrankW

Do you do mean barcode cutting through OPOS Barcode/Summa? Which Version of thrive do you use?

Older Versions (12.x and older) of Onyx Cut Server can't serve the cutting files for the cutter themselves, the files needs to be "plotted" into files to which Summa Cutter Control have access to. There is a possibility to let Cut Server do that automatically, what means as soon as you open Cut Server the files will be forwarded.

unclebun

You have to tell Cut Server where the files are. It's under Preferences/Hot Folders. Look to see if the hot folder is listed. If not, add it. If the hot folder is on another computer, make sure it's shared.

Dtron10

You have to tell Cut Server where the files are. It's under Preferences/Hot Folders. Look to see if the hot folder is listed. If not, add it. If the hot folder is on another computer, make sure it's shared.
This seems to be the most relevant answer. Can you please explain this "hot folder" to me? I do see the "Preferences" that I click on....Then I see a list for "Hot Folders" and there is nothing in the list. What exactly do I link it up to (I know hot folder, but what is that?) in order for it to retrieve the cut file?

unclebun

At the bottom of the Hot Folder list is a button that says "Add". Click that, and then select your hot folder. The hot folder is the folder that the rip sends the cut file to. You set that in the rip part of the software. For us it's called RIP-Queue. The folder that gets the cut files is c:\Onyx12\cutter\ and then a folder with the name of our cutters (we have 2 cutters).

Dtron10

At the bottom of the Hot Folder list is a button that says "Add". Click that, and then select your hot folder. The hot folder is the folder that the rip sends the cut file to. You set that in the rip part of the software. For us it's called RIP-Queue. The folder that gets the cut files is c:\Onyx12\cutter\ and then a folder with the name of our cutters (we have 2 cutters).
Great! I think I'm starting to get somewhere now. I was able to go back and find the old cut files. Now randomly for some odd reason my Thrive Cut Manager shut down and won't open back up. Haha I'm sorry but do you have any help with this? I click on the Cut Manger Button at the top and it looks like it's about to open and loading but won't get past that screen. I've restarted everything 3-4 times now with no luck. Thanks again for the help!

unclebun

Have you tried restarting Windows?

We don't use Thrive; we have Production House, so I can't get real specific about Thrive.

Dtron10

Have you tried restarting Windows?

We don't use Thrive; we have Production House, so I can't get real specific about Thrive.
Yes I tried restarting everything. Hmm.....thanks for everything else though. I'll keep trouble shooting until I figure it out.