• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which air egress vinyl? (Not wrap materials)

I currently use oracal 3165RA for everything I print. The problem I run into is if you cut smal letters they easily come off the backing. Does anyone have a better air egress vinyl that weeds easier with small text?

Rydaddy

We print/cut 1105ezrs with 1460 and 1060 lam on a regular basis. The air-egress vinyls to not weed great compared to standard vinyls. This combo may weed better than the 3165 ra given the thickness. You may have to test with your plotter. Different plotters can make a difference as well. More factors than just the media itself in this case. If you don't have any other medias in shop, you might be able to get some small sample rolls to test.

ikarasu

I don't think you'll find one. We use 180, and it's a pita to cut small letters.

For diecut you shouldn't need air egress though.. usually our diecutsnall letters we use 3m 7725 vinyl, never any bubbles.

Not much help, sorry!

kanini

Sometimes you can mix so the larger graphics can be made with air egress and small letters with cut vinyl or regular glue print media, but that's not always the case. Have not found one yet that works well with small letters.

particleman

I do lettering almost exclusively on my machines. I think IJ35C/8508 is easier to weed than 3165RA. I've used that for years as well. That being said though I still don't like to do under an inch on print media with laminate in any sort of quantity. Usually use the edge for that or colored film if possible.