• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which are you?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Left Brain? Right Brain?

I typically dwell amidst dead center, but I fully (and deeply) immerse in either hemisphere, depending on the project at hand. It's a wonderful place to live.

This is my Monday fun-day project, deeply cut into natural field stone.

JB

DreamerThinker (J) 4-13-2020.jpg

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
For a more accurate representation of my brain do you have any with the image of a fried egg cut into stone?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is either GAC05's brain on drugs, 2 boobs or an owl.

denk_drugs-5911bb25786c20c02687b791cb77ff9ccc936e1a-s800-c85.jpg

So, most of you are admitting to only using half your brain. Being ambidextrous doesn't confuse me, but it sure explains a lot. I guess you lefties can't do anything right, huh ?? Sure glad I use 'em both.​

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Pop psychology twaddle leftover from decades ago. This nonsense was, and no doubt still is, popular because it gives virtually everyone an excuse for not being responsible for themselves. If you are pronounced to be some brain portion or another then you can always rationalize your behavior by simply stating "That's a right/left/top/bottom/front/rear brain thing and I'm a right/left/top/bottom/front/rear person." Usually which sort of brained person you might be is determined by a bogus test that would do a Sunday supplement proud.

C

ColoPrinthead

Pop psychology twaddle leftover from decades ago. This nonsense was, and no doubt still is, popular because it gives virtually everyone an excuse for not being responsible for themselves. If you are pronounced to be some brain portion or another then you can always rationalize your behavior by simply stating "That's a right/left/top/bottom/front/rear brain thing and I'm a right/left/top/bottom/front/rear person." Usually which sort of brained person you might be is determined by a bogus test that would do a Sunday supplement proud.
:cool1:

Reveal1

That's it, we're all looking for an excuse to be irresponsible. You're probably right about the the pop psychology angle, but I prefer to just have some fun with it.

netsol

I'm left-handed/right brained. I sometimes wonder if its okay to park in the disabled spaces in the parking lot. We only comprise 10% of world population but have a disproportional impact on the world - good and bad. https://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-living-pictures/little-known-facts-about-lefthanders.aspx

haven't we been punished enough every time we pick up a pair of scissors?

or my all time favorite thing to bitch about. the little (poorly named) "safety" button on circular saws. it's really a frigging miracle we still have a set of 10 fingers, thanks to that horror

go ahead, lets see a right handed person use a circular saw left handed.

netsol

all absolutely true bob, however, for the next month or two, ask every engineer, computer tech or whatever, if they are left or right handed. anecdotal, but i have been asking for 40 yrs or better. at some point, it begins to carry some. weight

Gino

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="netsol, post: 1473074, member: 62045"]haven't we been punished enough every time we pick up a pair of scissors?

or my all time favorite thing to ***** about. the little (poorly named) "safety" button on circular saws. it's really a frigging miracle we still have a set of 10 fingers, thanks to that horror

go ahead,
lets see a right handed person use a circular saw left handed.[/QUOTE]

My neighbor did that, about 25 years ago. He was cutting the bottom off a door to make it fit the opening, so he held the bottom piece with his right hand and held/directed the saw with his left. He cut his index and middle finger off at the second knuckle and his ring finger was hanging on with some skin. They took him to the hospital along with the two digits laying on the floor. They put him back together and reattached them and with buttons and strings, he slowly got most of his use back of all the fingers, but they don't work the way they used to. took about 2 years til he was released for full-time work. He threw the saw away blaming the saw, when it was really his dumba$$ fault for putting his fingers in the pathway of the saw underneath and forgetting they were there. Something he wasn't used to, so it got him...... or HE got him.

Reveal1

Just purchased a Bosch battery saw with blade on left side - thought it would be great but can't use the darned thing being so used to the 'right' way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha....... I switch every so often, so I don't tire out one side of me more than the other. I do the same while shoveling, digging and just about any other activity.

netsol

right after high school, i was in charge of a production crew in a factory
i was the only one, including the owner, who left with 10 fingers, (there were a lot less pesky saftey guards in the 70's)

the little safety button on the saw msy have saved a lot of fingers for right handed people

it hasn't done much for the left handed

netsol

Quick question for lefties and righties here. Do you hold the weedeater (string trimmer, what have you) with the throttle in your dominant hand, or the handle?

kind of depends on the layout of the device.

don't go by me, i am a lefty who wears his wstch on left hand

this caused the need for countless watch repairs