• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which body line to follow on Chevy City Express?

Mr. T

we have are first 2015 Chevy City Express to letter and am torn on which body line to follow when placing the lettering on the van. If we were just lettering the (window indented area) it would be easier. I'm leaning toward lining logo up with the bottom of the window indent area?
Thanks,
Tracy

J Hill Designs

Step back and judge with the graphics taped up :thumb: lotta lines going on - lower door jamb(s) would be a good start as Gino says

Attachments

• 2015-chevrolet-city-express-lt-mo-byo-510x216.png
    2015-chevrolet-city-express-lt-mo-byo-510x216.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 107

Mr. T

Thanks for the help. The bottom door edge is the way I had it laid out. Time to getter dun! Thanks again!

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Haha. I just did one of those a couple of months ago. And I think that of all the vehicles that I've done in the last thirty years. This one was the first that I put a level on the side, and leveled the lettering to the ground!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha. I just did one of those a couple of months ago. And I think that of all the vehicles that I've done in the last thirty years. This one was the first that I put a level on the side, and leveled the lettering to the ground!

What happens if your tires are over and/or under inflated or your floor is on a slight slope ?? :rolleyes:

gabagoo

The Nissan nv 200 is a joke to letter. No matter what you do it looks out of whack and then you try to do the other side and use the same measurements and it looks worse...

ExecuPrintGS

I agree, bottom door/line.

These new vans drive me nuts with all their random lines. I used to think the good ol econoline vans were bad for picking lines.... we've got a 2015 Transit 150 in here which I'm dreading working on.

These things just get uglier and uglier!

Just finished a 2015 transit last week. Went over everything with the customer and he decided how he wanted the graphics despite our opinions. He wanted us to follow 1 of the many lines on the transit even though we told him it would look crooked and showed him. He insisted. We collected the paycheck.
He came in today complaining it looks to crooked and wants to know how much to fix it how we suggested.

I hate these new work vehicles, they try to make them look fancy and really just make them ugly. :banghead: