• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which CNC table

craigwojo

Hi everyone,

Moving into a new building that will accomodate room for a CNC router table, but don't really know on what to buy.

I am looking mostly to cut shapes (flat) out of wood, plastic, dibond, acrylic, etc. on the table. But I would really like to do 3D signfoam signs that I have been getting requests for.

What am I looking for (price) for either 2D or 3D table (smallest 4' x 8') used or new. Looking perferably used. Are there any sites that sell used tables or shop machinery that you recommened.

Also, suggestions on software?

Thank you,
Craig

jinx

We bought a ShopBot PRT and have since upgraded it to a PRT alpha. It is great. We have cut shapes, routed signs, built furniture, and many other miscellaneous projects (you can always find something to do with it!).

If you are interested in Shopbot they have a great forum and network of helpful people. There is a learning curve to CNC, but it opens a lot of doors.

Techman

IF you have never operated a cnc router,,,
first,, look at the cnc software. There are demos around,, it would be a good idea try them out first. The leaning curve is pretty steep. So steep in fact they have tutor sessions costing thousands.. There is a huge learning curve. It is nothing like cutting vinyl or any other activity you have aver attempted.

Right-On

I agree with Techman, I'm getting a PRS alpha myself but I would not purchase one until I was confortable with the software. I went to Shopbot's factory and the crew there showed me everything except the extra training they offer.
My suggetion download there demo software and there control software and practice. The other BIG learning curve will be bits speed and feed rates.

Just my 2cents worth