• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

which color profile to use on l25500

jmag215

Is there a way to get better, brighter colors out of my l25500? I have the most trouble with a nice bright green. Is there a color profile I can use to get colors to look more like the rgb colors I use to design? Using onyx 10 for a rip

Each media should be calibrated on it's own to mach certain colors. One media will have a different white point then another media. Which will change the color of your print slightly. I would look into some color management programs. Their are colors that cause issues with this machine but not really green. Mostly greys, oranges, reds. The L25500 should be able to hit almost any color you need. But it needs to be profiled for the media correctly. There is no easy use these rendering intents and use this heat and passess etc. One thought might be that you are trying to use to little passes in hopes of saving ink. This will dramatically lower your gamut and the strength of your colors.

Big Easy has it right. With any printer, including HP Latex machines, optimal results are best achieved by building a custom media profile on your printer, to accomplish the goals that you are looking to achieve. That requires work and time (media and ink), as well as a color measurement instrument and software.

The next best option is to use the HP Media Solutions Locator site to identify and acquire pre-built media profiles for your media product, printer model and software RIP. Here is a link:

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/2013/ga/MediaLocator/home.html

Paul

jmag215

I am using the setup from that hp page and am using 12 pass. i am wondering what the different icc profiles do or what everyone is using as a standard in the preflight section of the rip.

I am using the setup from that hp page and am using 12 pass. i am wondering what the different icc profiles do or what everyone is using as a standard in the preflight section of the rip.

What is the media product (Manufacturer / Model#) that you are using?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Why are you using 12 pass? I'm just curious...I run nothing over 8 pass unless it's an upclose photo repro. 12 Pass may be shifting your colors. Try 8.

jmag215

i am using arlon dpf8000. when ever i ran less than 10 passes the ink would not cure, i tried to turn up the heat but it bubbled and melted the vinyl.