• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Hybrid ???

jeffkics

Sign Says
I wanted some input on experiences with the hybrid machines. Scratch resistance, maintenance, speed, overall value etc...
Looked at the Mutoh Valuejet 1638UH and Rolands VersaUV LEJ-640UV

Any thoughts on these or others I should check out?

I really want to be able to do the small job coroplast yard signs, along with foamcore, acm, pvc as well as the vinyls and banner material.

TYIA

ProColorGraphics

I looked at all of these about 3 years ago. I went with the Fuji LED1600. To me, everything about it was better! Their service and support are great too, at least in my area.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Check out Stratojet printers, they do have a very solid hybrid printer with 100" roll print capability and Flat print upto 5". Its faster than the Roland for sure ! The one i am using is Shark Flatbed by stratojet and i have saved alot of money over the roland before

Superior_Adam

EFI 16H is what we have and its been a great printer. Had it about 1 year. White is very opaque and print speed is good. I would stay away from a pinch roller system as it will give you headaches. Vacuum belt is the way to go. The Roland and Mutoh are not good ways to go for UV printers.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I've been using two (2) Mutoh VJ1627H over the past 6 years without a problem now that the ink has been upgraded. I print on wood, pvc, dibond, coroplast as well as roll banner and vinyl for wraps. It may be slower than it's newer counterpart, the VJ1627MH, but it's been a workhorse as long as it's serviced regularly. I'll shell out 200 yard signs (18"x24") over 20 coroplast sheets double-sided in a work day.

petepaz

we have a roland LEJ good machine for the price point. not built for speed and really the main downfall is friction fed so things can skew occasionally.
also 2 sided print can be a problem because of that. again for the price point good machine. ink sticks to pretty much anything

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
We have an 80" UV LED Hybrid Printer available now.

Unlike the Mutoh or Roland printers that are more of an entry level hybrid printer, this is a true industrial unit capable of printing on materials up to 2" thick. The printer is equipped with a vacuum belt with 4 vacuum zones that ensure smooth and accurate movement of rigid material up to 110lbs. The roll supports are designed to handle rolls up to 220 lbs as well. The printer is also equipped with built in LED light boxes so you can preview back lit products as you are printing.

The printer can be configured with up to 2 rows of CMYK + White and Varnish. We have this unit in our show room in Wharton, NJ and can print samples or do demos if you like. You can learn more about the Xtra 2000HUV here.

XTRA2000HUV-2.png

Thanks,

Chris

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Chris from our office already had replied to you but I would also like to point out the ink costs are a big difference as well. We also sell the Mutoh printers and the ink for their UV Hybrid is about $211.00 per liter vs. the $125.00 per liter for the inks for the Flora printer. I am not sure about the Roland ink but I would imagine it would be similar in pricing to the Mutoh product. There are many other technical advantages to the Flora hybrid, for instance depending on how it is configured you can achieve print speeds with up to about 20 4x8 sheets per hour. So if you would like more information please reach out, or if you would like come in for a demo.

Thanks

Dave Philipps