• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Laminate?

SignStudent

I like Avery's MPI 1005 EZ RS but I'm not sure which laminate I should be getting...1060, 1360, or 1460? I've used 1060 in the past and am thinking about trying 1360 but am worried that because it's thinner the vinyl might be harder to handle. Thoughts?

Patentagosse

I have the 1460 because it came in combo in last month's deal at my supplier. 'Must admit I'm an Oracal long-time user so I was used to regular 2mil. thick laminate. The 1360 / 1460 are thinner so a li'l xtra care is needed in the laminator in order to avoid issues along the line. No silvering, great wet look out of the laminator.

dolce05

1360 is thinner but you get a better product in the end. Handles curves and bends better. If your doing a cabover izusu with a box then go with the thicker laminate. The great thing is the thinner is what we used to prefer and it was cheaper. We exclusively use 3M now.