Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Level of Flexi Do I Need

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by sgns4u, Oct 6, 2008.

1. sgns4u

sgns4u Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Va
    We have purchased a Gerber Edge from a sign shop that went out of business. We also got Flexi 6.6 But 6.6 won't work with windows XP so we need to upgrade. Our options are: FlexiPrint & Cut
    FlexiExpert
    FlexiSign-Pro
    Can we output from any of these Flexi's directly to the Gerber and not have to use Composer at all, which seems to be a tuff program to learn.

Thanks!!!
    Sherry

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    You need to be able to rip so it would be the Pro version.
    7.6v2 or above work fine with the Edge.

3. Poconopete

Poconopete Very Active Member

Feb 23, 2007
  4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    I would recommend either Signlab or Omega!

5. sgns4u

sgns4u Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Va
    All we have ever done is cut vinyl. We are very new to printing. So could you explain to me what Rip means?:thankyou:
    Sherry

6. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  7. sgns4u

sgns4u Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Va
    WOW! I read that whole page and I'm still not sure what a Rip is. But you're right, it is time to hit the books and learn how to print.:thankyou:
    Sherry

8. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not sure if it has the driver for the Edge printer but Flexi Pro 6.6 v1 runs just fine on Windows XP.

9. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    RIP= rest in peace...........

10. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    I use Flexi Print and Cut 8.1 on Windows XP.
    It has a RIP of course (hence the "print" in the title...) its almost half the price of the Pro version, but lacks a few of the features (not many for the price difference! )
    Look at their comparison charts to see the difference.

11. GARY CULY

GARY CULY Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    since you stated you purchased an EDGE from another shop ,i take it they also give you a legal OMEGA program? If you have a legal omega with a dongle,you may be able to purchase a new flexi at a discounted [it was 1600 cheaper when i bought mine] price through a distributor. I had to mail them a real scan pic of the dongle and serial number for proof ,but it saved me a lot .Might ask around about that.Trying to get people to switch.Now if you have file created in OMEGA ,they will read as a PLT.file ,flexi will open them so you can use the vectors allredy created.Now you will have to work on them a bit first[re-fill colors,add new contor cuts,etc] but as i had hundreds of PLT. files all the vectors were there ,that saved thousands of hours recreating allready made files sir.

12. sgns4u

sgns4u Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Va
    Thanks everyone!:thankyou:
    I think we will go with the Print & Cut version of Flexi and we still need to learn Omega. So I may have some questions about Omega.
    Sherry