• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which media do I need?

rzr2rocket

Hey guys and gals,

I'm having trouble finding the perfect printable media for window decals. I have used oracal and 3M IJ80C-10. Nothing is working! It's embarrassing when I see decals I made starting to peel weeks or months after they purchased them. It seems like the basic vinyl sticks so much better than than printed. Can I get recommendations on what the best printable media is for window decals? Both solid and perforated media.

Thank you!

MikePro

post pics
if you're using cast materials, you shouldn't have an issue unless you're not cleaning the windows properly.
....or your client isn't cleaning them properly after the install.

rzr2rocket

I dont have any pics to share. I just see them around town. No one has complained (that I know of). I did think about the customer not applying them correctly because I dont get to see all the customers but I cant tell for sure. The oracal I use is calendered 3165RA.

VTG

Good question, I've always wondered what brand of vinyl substrate some of the big wholesalers (Stouse and Gill-Line) use for their window/vehicle/sports decals. I'm not sure if there is a perfect material, however, the Oracal 3651RA should work. The peeling could be a result of a dirty or poorly cleaned surface. Other factors like vehicle wax or Rain-X can also impact adhesion.