• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which of these 2 Plotters

Bannerday

I'm looking to pick up a plotter because I want to do some short runs of stickers.

I have 2 I'm looking at:

1: A demo Mimaki CG-75FXII 24" for $1100. It comes with a 30 day guarantee.

2: A used Graphtec FC7000-75 30". It's used and has no guarantee. It looks to be in good shape. Just some cosmetic scratches. $1500

I like the bigger size of the Graphtec but the Mimaki has less mileage on it and I'm told that their half cut technology is good for stickers.

If anyone has any experience with either of these plotters I'd appreciate your thoughts.

ProWraps

we run the graphtec fc8000. i will say it tracks better and has better features than the fc7000 we had before it. both are/were good cutters. i cant speak for the mimaki.

that extra 6" may be worth it depending on your needs. bigger is always better when it comes to having to do seems, etc. especially if you are going to do contour cuts and purchase 30" material.

OldPaint

duh!!!!!!!!!!!! if they was both 24" or 30" then you would have to make a choice....BUT TAKE THE 30".........no brainer))))))

rigosign

I have used graphtec for over 10 years its a very good product. We have never had any problems with ours. I also would go for the 30" just in case later you need to do some big letters. As for the price I believe both of them are a really good price for what you getting.

32bantum

I have owned the FC7000 75 for about 5 years. Awesome plotter, never a problem! I recently upgraded to the Qseries 100 which is the same as graphtec. Should I decide to upgrade again it will be to another graphtec!!