• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which plotter to replace my CE6000? Used FC8600 OR New CE7000 ?

magprint

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

Currently I want to replace an old CE6000-60 which shows signs of fatigue and is now 10 years old. It was mainly used for vinyl cutting.

I have a limited budget and my choice is between :

1. Used FC8600-60, bought new in 2017, perfect cosmetic condition and obviously also working, according to the seller it hasn't been used much - 1600 USD

2. CE7000-60 New with base - ~ 2500 USD (thanks french taxes ...)

We cut an average of 5 to 10 M of vinyl (oracal 651 manly) every day.
I admit I'm hesitating with the FC because they have an excellent reputation and are obviously war machines, but the CE7000's new features (ARMS 8 accuracy) and the new/warranty aspect make me hesitate... I exclude the FC9000, however, which isn't in my budget.
for the FC8600, the fact that graphtec has stopped supporting this model doesn't reassure me much either.

What do you think is the best choice ?

thanks in advance for your answers

signheremd

Both are good but I favor the FC series as they put more down force and cut reflective with ease. The 8600 was discontinued in favor of the 9000 series.

Here are some old threads about this:

TopFliteGraphics

$900 buys a lot of wine & cheese... I would not hesitate to buy the FC8600. My last FC was 17 years old when I sold it and upgraded to a larger one. never had a single service issue. My current FC8600 is already 4 years old and not a single issue either.

That being said, when I sold my previous business in 2006 to a buddy of mine, I had a one or two year old CE that he got with it. He still has it. He's a very low volume user, granted, but it's 18+ years old at this point and still kicking.