Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which preset should I use? Versaworks.

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Tony Rome, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    Just wondering what everyone uses for vehicle graphics or for outdoor aluminum signs?
    Some of the presets are MAX Impact, Sign and Display, Pre-press US, etc... or is checking "specify profile and ignore default" the way to go?
    Thanks!

Versacamm SP540v w Versaworks.

Tags:
  2. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    i run my stuff on max impact

3. amw

amw Member

Depends what we are doing and what its printed on.
    but usualy, signs & display or max impact.

Marsha

4. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    Thanks! Anyone dare go with High Speed or do you stick with standard when printing vinyl laminated then mounted to aluminum signs for outside?

5. wwpro

wwpro Member

Apr 21, 2009
    US Press for bitmaps
    Max Impact for vector artwork

that's what I learned here and it works for me

High speed is fine depending on the profile you use, print a small version of your artwork at high speed and standard, then compare

6. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    thanks everyone, when i bough this the salesman said not to change anything, and most everything i print looks fine, but now i am wondering what else i should be adjusting, if you want to throw out some suggestions...im all ears...thanks again...huge help!