• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Show To Go To

klingsdesigns

What would you recommend SGIA show or the ISA show? I have never been to either. I want to go to see seminars and learn more about roland and graphtec. Also learn about signlab, and versaworks. Not sure I will make it to both so I was wondering which one would be better. I am not really looking at new equipment. Pretty much just want to do some learning and check out some new materials.

Thanks

Never been to ISA. Went to SGIA this last October. It was amazing. Every vendor you could think about (except apple, they don't go to anything). It was a very cool show. A lot of very informative info. Check the lists to see who will be a vendor there. Make sure the ones you want to see are going to be there. If they aren't going directly chances are somebody there will be running their machines/ programs/ etc. In my experience though this was not a huge learning experience. it was more of a trying to dodge sales guys while going to the places I wanted to see.

The two shows that you referenced (ISA and SGIA) are the two largest trade shows in the industry (sign and display graphics) for the US/ North American market, with around 20,000 - 25,000 attendees each. A lot of the same companies exhibit at both and both have education and training opportunities available to attendees.

They are different in that the ISA is in the springtime, while SGIA is in the fall. ISA is more narrowly focused on sign companies, while SGIA includes a broader range of attendees, from sign companies, to dedicated screen printers (including apparel) to printers with various type of print presses (offset, litho, screen, and digital) and dedicated textile printers etc. I find there to be more diversity in attendees and exhibitors at SGIA. This year (2015) ISA will be in Las Vegas, while SGIA will be in Atlanta.

DirtyD

Anyone know where i can get the promotional code for free tickets to the ISA show?

you can usually get them from your vendors... I have recieved from Grimco and Wensco for shows Not those ones exactly but I'm sure they have them..

Wensco sent me passes for the MSA (Midwest Sign Assoc.) show in Detroit for next month