• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which vinyl-short term wrap

Signed Out

Will be doing a trailer wrap on a portable MRI unit for a hospital. The hospital is under construction and they have a MRI set up in a 54' trailer parked outside in a parking lot. They say the trailer will be there for 1-2 years, and it cannot be moved. They want us to wrap the side of the trailer that faces the road. The trailer already has some cut vinyl graphics on it that need to stay on. After construction ends and they don't need the portable MRI, we will have to remove the wrap and the old lettering must stay intact.

I'm having trouble deciding what material to use for this. The install will have to be done outdoors since the trailer can't move, and the trailer also has rivets. Normally we use oracal 3751ra for wraps, but since this has to be removed in 2 years I have been looking into the changeable transit vinyl such as metromark, oracal 3109, and 3m IJ3552c. Leaning towards the 3m, although it's pricey, it is air release, where I don't believe the others are. Having never used any of these materials before, how easily to they remove compared to regular wrap film such as 3751?

Any recommendations?

Signed Out

Is there any way to apply temporary panels to the trailer?

Mark

I'm sure panels could be made to work, but think a wrap will look much better.

I've explained the difficulties of having to install this outdoors and the added expense of doing so. Not worried about cost for this, just the best material for the job. Ease of install and removeablilty are the biggest concerns.

Cheaper option with clean removability is flexcon bus mark. It'll tent over rivets but it's inexpensive and removes easily. However it's not air egress.

InstantOneMedia

This application is perfect for Instant One Media. At $130/roll, it is Air-Release, removable, and gray adhesive. It handles rivets beautifully, I had a customer say: "It goes on like butter on a biscuit." This may not mean much to you in NY, but it is a good thing. PM or call my cell, 612.270.7342 if you want to want me send a sample.

bulldozer

This application is perfect for Instant One Media. At $130/roll, it is Air-Release, removable, and gray adhesive. It handles rivets beautifully, I had a customer say: "It goes on like butter on a biscuit." This may not mean much to you in NY, but it is a good thing. PM or call my cell, 612.270.7342 if you want to want me send a sample.

i was going to say this as well

JLD984

Tell them nothing will do an adequate job for that long and then remove cleanly as well without damaging the cut vinyl. Talk them into removing the cut vinyl now and applying it again after removing the wrap.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Just out of curiosity, why dont you remove existing vinyl, apply wrap, then when job is done remove wrap and apply new die cut vinyl, selling them on the longevity of the new vinyl applied. Make as much money on the job as you can while supplying them with a great vinyl job.

edit:
should have read the post right above me