• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Vinyl to Use for...

VTSigns

I have a customer who is looking to do several digital prints (probably around 3'x3') to go on glass at bus stop shelters. They are worried that someone will try and peel them off or tamper with them. We would be switching these out on a yearly basis so I'm hoping to have something that is not a bear to remove and they are looking for something that is going to really stick good. Anybody have any suggestions on a specific material to use for this?

2B

regardless of the vinyl the edges/corners will be able to be picked at.

once you install take some optically clear edge sealant tape and run over the edges. will hold the comers/edges down

JBusch260

If it's on the outside, reachable, and pickable, 99% of the time is going to be tampered with. Are you able to do a reverse print and put it on the inside of the window?

VTSigns

Not sure if it if lexan or glass. They are wanting a print on the inside and outside of the glass. I pretty much thought the same thing about the picking but just thought I would throw the question out there to see if anyone had any clever ideas.

SIGNTIME

if its lexan maybe you could cut another piece of lexan an inch bigger than your graphic and glue it on the sides and bottom and have a couple of rivets on the top, print your graphic double sided on poster media slip it in and next year just drill out the rivets put in the new one?

Billct2

Unless they want to spend some money for some kind of frame system that would hold a second surface garphic they
are going to have to live with damage. The only easy option is to do the double sided print on the side less suscptible to damage (probably the outside and apply an "anti-graffiti" overlaminate with a trap.

petepaz

Unless they want to spend some money for some kind of frame system that would hold a second surface garphic they
are going to have to live with damage. The only easy option is to do the double sided print on the side less suscptible to damage (probably the outside and apply an "anti-graffiti" overlaminate with a trap.

+1
i have a customer who orders similar posters from us and they had a frame system built. i don't really have any info on it because they had it done one their own, sorry but that's the best way. just making posters they can slide in and out with the frame to protect from pickers.