• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Vinyl?

VolunteerSign

I have been using Oracal 651 for the majority of everything we cut since we started cutting vinyl. We like the color, the ease of weeding and have had no complaints about fading, cracking etc. We have tried Avery a couple times and just don't like the way it weeds.

Has anyone used (or currently using) any of the "house brands" of vinyl from any of the supply companies? I ask because our primary supplier was ProVeer...and we all know that story. Thanks in advance.

rjssigns

We have used Shine-Rite from Fellers on occasion. Cuts and weeds well and the white takes eco-sol ink pretty well.

At this point though we mainly stock 54" rolls of product to feed our Roland. Cast and calendared 3M, and JetFlex 13oz banner.

FatCat

Type of vinyl used for any sign project varies with the application, longevity required and the type of substrate/surface it will be applied to. For example; for vehicles and outdoor items intended to last a long time I use nothing but cast material like Oracal 751, 3M 7125, etc. For most intermediate needs we stick with Oracal 651 but we have also used Fellers ShineRite or Grimco's Briteline which is basically a re-badged version of a General Formulations film. Neither of these I feel are as durable or long lasting as 651, but for short term needs should be adequate.

Again, it really depends on job specs and then going from there.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Mumpower sign supply is near you (Bristol, VA) 1-800-368-5420 still carries Oracal 651

I love that stuff. When we visit the area, I still see signs we made 6-7 years ago that are looking good....

VolunteerSign

Mumpower sign supply is near you (Bristol, VA) 1-800-368-5420 still carries Oracal 651

I love that stuff. When we visit the area, I still see signs we made 6-7 years ago that are looking good....
OMG you know I completely forgot about Ike and the gang...:Oops: not only do they stock most stuff, they are excellent people to deal with.

Thanks for reminding me just how STUPID I can be lol