• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which way?

phototec

Which way is correct, is there a space before and after the "&" or not, I have seen both ways?

L&M Electronics

or

L & M Electronics

Thanks for any help on this...

:thankyou:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To me, this is a personal preference kinda deal, unless the letter combination looks better closer or further apart.

We've used both set ups.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've seen it both ways and have no answer if one is correct and the other not. As far as choosing, it would be, to me, a design choice depending on the font used rather than a grammatical choice.

phototec

To me, this is a personal preference kinda deal, unless the letter combination looks better closer or further apart.

We've used both set ups.

I've seen it both ways and have no answer if one is correct and the other not. As far as choosing, it would be, to me, a design choice depending on the font used rather than a grammatical choice.

Thanks guys, I jsut didn't know which way was the prefered way, as mentioned, seen it both way.

I will go with what ever looks best...

:thankyou:

qmr55

Do not space before or after an ampersand & that is used with initials. Space once before and after an ampersand that is used to join names. P&C or Barnes & Noble is the grammatically correct way. But it really comes down to design, which one looks better, it could be different for any font.

visual800

Ive always chose option 1 and I try to throw a little something different in there, you never know till you try. i always thought amphersands were space takers

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 57

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Do not space before or after an ampersand & that is used with initials. Space once before and after an ampersand that is used to join names. P&C or Barnes & Noble is the grammatically correct way. But it really comes down to design, which one looks better, it could be different for any font.

Agreed, no spaces. Like M&M...it just looks odd as M & M.