• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Which Windows Desktop Computer To Run Flexi?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Considering EVERYTHING new comes with 4-8 GB ram, 128+ GB hard drive, and WIN 10, you're safe with anything really. If you plan to store files on it (which I recommend a server or other PC with files on it) then you could get Multi TB drives pretty cheap these days.

WildWestDesigns

Considering EVERYTHING new comes with 4-8 GB ram,

Bare in mind, most programs (regardless if they are 32bit or 64 bit, as long as they are on a 64 bit OS) list 2GB minimum to run in the Windows world. Win 10 also lists 2GB minimum just to run. I for sure wouldn't do 4GB, unless on a pure 32bit system. Personally, in today's computing environment, I wouldn't do less then 16GB.

(which I recommend a server or other PC with files on it) then you could get Multi TB drives pretty cheap these days.

Keep in mind, a desktop computer has different processes and focuses on different processes then a server would. Depending on everything that you are trying to do on the host/guest computers that could create a bottleneck if trying to use nothing but desktop computers, but for divergent purposes. It's far easier to setup a desktop as a remote hosting of files compared to a server for a lot of people, just keep that in mind when using a desktop to work as a server. Now, if this is minimal load or have a really spec'ed out computer, could be a non issues, just something to keep in mind.