• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white acrylic faces with transluscent vinyl

max

Hello all,

I am fairly sure i am going about this job the right way but was hoping someone could confirm my method.
I am doing for the first time some transluscent printable vinyl(Oracal 3850) on some new white acrylic faces. However the design is mostly a white background. well the printed area turns out fine when put on a lightbox, but the unprinted area changes the bright white acrylic to a very dull off-white.
Does this possibly mean that Oracal 3850 would be better used on a clear acrylic face rather that the white face acrylic that i am using? Tanks very much for any wisdom...

Letterbox Mike

We stopped using the 3850 because of this, it's got an awful muddy yellow tint when lighted. We switched to Avery's translucent white (can't remember the number off the top of my head) and the results are much better.

max

think I found the answer to the question in another thread... I think i am just gonna print on trans, then lam, then contour cut, then apply to white acrylic faces. Guess that will keep the blank background white.

:signs101: