Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions White and Metallic Ink Wholesale printing

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Chops, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Chops

Chops New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    I have a customer who wants clear static clings printed with white and metallic inks. I need like (6)4’x8’ prints. I’m in Pennsylvania and am seeing if anyone knows anyone that can do this. Any help would be great. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Michael-Nola

Michael-Nola I print things! And it's exciting.

Jul 21, 2016
    The only semi-durable metallic inks are screen print. You wont find anything digital. Especially if you're talking direct to board printing.
    The official way to do this here would be cut vinyl.

3. oel10

oel10 New Member

Nov 4, 2018
    USA
    Depending on the quantity one has to make a choice silk screen or digital / vinyl. If the quantity is high hit me up I have a source for a 10ft M&R silk screen press in California.

4. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    I personally don't think 6 pcs is enough to warrant screen printing something like this, especially at that size, but I suppose it all depends on the design.

Since it's on clear, I would UV print the cmyk + spot white aspects, then back the whole thing in metallic silver vinyl.

That's the route I would go if we were producing in house.

• Like Like x 1
  5. oel10

oel10 New Member

Nov 4, 2018
    USA
    Thats a good option just be careful the shrink rate of metallic to the vinyl you choose may be different in sunlight.

6. artofacks1

artofacks1 Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Can it be printed in separate pieces to make the 4' x 8' ? I can print on static clean but my edge fx has a 11.8" but can be very long. Whats the art look like?