• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions White and Metallic Ink Wholesale printing

Chops

I have a customer who wants clear static clings printed with white and metallic inks. I need like (6)4’x8’ prints. I’m in Pennsylvania and am seeing if anyone knows anyone that can do this. Any help would be great. Thanks

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
The only semi-durable metallic inks are screen print. You wont find anything digital. Especially if you're talking direct to board printing.
The official way to do this here would be cut vinyl.

oel10

Depending on the quantity one has to make a choice silk screen or digital / vinyl. If the quantity is high hit me up I have a source for a 10ft M&R silk screen press in California.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I personally don't think 6 pcs is enough to warrant screen printing something like this, especially at that size, but I suppose it all depends on the design.

Since it's on clear, I would UV print the cmyk + spot white aspects, then back the whole thing in metallic silver vinyl.

That's the route I would go if we were producing in house.

oel10

Thats a good option just be careful the shrink rate of metallic to the vinyl you choose may be different in sunlight.

artofacks1

Can it be printed in separate pieces to make the 4' x 8' ? I can print on static clean but my edge fx has a 11.8" but can be very long. Whats the art look like?

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
We produce and use ourselves metallic inks for both solvent and uv led digital printing. We use epson Dx5 and ricoh g5 heads based printers so both solutions seem to be pretty reliable and prints last pretty long time.
There are only two problems - ink price itself and printing speed, it's pretty slow and some printers require additional software to be able to print real shiny metallic