• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Cotton Gloves???

idsignsil

So I have looked and found places online to order white cotton gloves to handle the digital print media. But I have not seen any in the sign vendors catalogs. You would think that if they suggest you wear them, then they would sell them. I was just wondering if anyone actually uses them, and if so, where do you get yours? I have had a few prints that come out with a finger print here and there.

hydo1

I got mine at Harbor Freight a few years back. Came in a package of 3. They were thicker but did the trick...

never wear them. i just try and be as carefull as i can handling any digital media. i guess if you have a larger printer then its more difficult though.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just wash your hands and try to handle the media on the edges. It's just as effective and a whole hell of a lot cheaper and easier than suiting up every time you want to wrangle a roll of media.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, the first time a roll of heavy media slips out of your hands because you have those fancy clean gloves on will be the minute you realize how important it is to wash your hands and get the grime off your hands..... not to mention, you might get less colds if you wash your hands more often.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I use them and wash my hands pretty frequently also. It's just another step to be sure you're not wasting more material than you have to. (Especially printable reflective!) A pair of gloves usually lasts me about a month before they're too dirty to use anymore & I just keep them on top of the printer.

I've seen some rolls that I am 100% sure had not been touched by us (as they were 15' into a print job) have hand prints towards the end of the roll...

idsignsil

Thanks guys. I will probably get some just to see if they are helpful, or if the media is going to slip out of my hands.

Double Diamond

sticky gloves

I found cheap ugly orange gloves at harbor freight. They have silcone all over and grip nicely. very open so not hot, not a right and left, just works on either hand so faster to slip on. we wear 'em every time and no longer get those finger/palm prints, and we get to look silly once in a while, kinda fun.

cajunaviator

I don't use gloves either. After I load my roll of media into the printer, I just wipe down the area that I touched with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Works great for me.

phototec

I found cheap ugly orange gloves at harbor freight. They have silcone all over and grip nicely. very open so not hot, not a right and left, just works on either hand so faster to slip on. we wear 'em every time and no longer get those finger/palm prints, and we get to look silly once in a while, kinda fun.

Yep, this!

Only $1 per pair.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-3-polyester-cotton-gloves-96538.html

Also, these knit gloves are good for installing vehicle wraps into crevices and recesses.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-pairs-knit-gloves-46992.html

:thumb:

brdss

Yep! Harbor Freight gloves is what we use. Have not dropped a roll yet, and they keep the fingerprints in check.

J

john1

I don't use gloves either. After I load my roll of media into the printer, I just wipe down the area that I touched with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Works great for me.

x2

I use a microfiber cloth as well.

MikePro

i get 12 pairs for $7 at Blain's Farm & Fleet. Great for polishing installed projects and clients have praised the "white glove treatment".

Josh Klassen

gloves for vehicle wraps

I saw in an demo vehicle wrap and the guy doing the wrap was using his hand to smooth the vinyl into the deep spots. He was wearing a glove on that hand. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a special type of glove for this?

Snydo

Just the thin cotton gloves work great, they glide over laminate very smoothly.
I would say it is very similiar to the cotton used for t-shirts.