• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white dots all over my banner material.

0igo

thanks guys, it was the media. I did what floater and Gino said, wiped it down with rubbing alcohol and got perfect prints.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If the media is contaminated, call your supplier for a refund and switch to a new brand. You should not have to wipe down every roll of material that goes through your printer; it should be free of contaminants and ready to print.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If the media is contaminated, call your supplier for a refund and switch to a new brand. You should not have to wipe down every roll of material that goes through your printer; it should be free of contaminants and ready to print.

I found this to be more true if you are buying well-known and better grades of just about anything, but some manufacturers don't feel that way about a low-end item. It shouldn't be that way, but rather than take a chance, we will continue to wipe whenever we can. We don't buy the cheapest stuff, but for most banners we can't compete using the high-end stuff, either. Once you get a few feet into a roll, you can get a feel for what's gonna be coming on the rest of it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I found this to be more true if you are buying well-known and better grades of just about anything, but some manufacturers don't feel that way about a low-end item. It shouldn't be that way, but rather than take a chance, we will continue to wipe whenever we can. We don't buy the cheapest stuff, but for most banners we can't compete using the high-end stuff, either. Once you get a few feet into a roll, you can get a feel for what's gonna be coming on the rest of it.
It's banner so it's all cheap IMHO. I'm still convinced it's ALL made by the same 3 guys in Taiwan and just different stickers go on the boxes.
I've used a lot of banner types, and the only regularly occurring problem that I've EVER had is the little fuzzies along the sides that you have to burn off.