Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White halo box around shaddows

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Rob_maxgrafix, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Rob_maxgrafix

Rob_maxgrafix Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Ok, keep the laughter to a minimum please.

New to the world of printing. Small shop just bought a new BN-20, been playing with it and printing for a week, no issues at all. small decal runs of 50 or so, not a problem.

first thing this morning, I was trying to print off some 18x24 full color prints to go on some coroplast, and I noticed this white halo box showing up around all the text that has a drop shadow. I printed images just yesterday with drop shadows, no problem. the box doesn't appear in the versaworks preview so I'm a bit puzzled

just some background, I'm working in illustrator CS5, saving the files as eps. then importing to versaworks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    either set rendering intents the same for raster and vector, or flatten transparencies first

3. Rob_maxgrafix

Rob_maxgrafix Member

Dec 24, 2011
    :doh:

yea, forgot that illy is set to 75% vector/raster by default, and i was instructed to change that by the tech that set us up. *insert foot into mouth*

thanks for the speedy reply