• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White has specs of magenta (offwhite)

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Where the white vinyl is supposed to stay white...the printer lays down
a very tiny amount of magenta and makes it a bit off-white when looking at it next to the blank area of vinyl. Happens in JPG and Vector exports through
Versaworks. Checked files... 0/0/0/0/ no color in the file...but for some reason versaworks seems to be throwing down a smidgeon of magenta.
Using a VP-540.
A Photo won't even pick up the difference...sorry.

Any ideas?

I would guess that it is related to your color management settings. One easy way to check is to use a CMYK-based vector file (EPS or PDF) that has areas that are supposed to be un-inked (the inside of the letter O for example) and print it through the RIP (I'm assuming that you use Versaworks) and set your color management setting for this file to Density Control Only (in the color management preset list box).

If the insides of the letters have no ink, then you have a color management settings issue, and if they do, you have something else going on.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I would guess that it is related to your color management settings. One easy way to check is to use a CMYK-based vector file (EPS or PDF) that has areas that are supposed to be un-inked (the inside of the letter O for example) and print it through the RIP (I'm assuming that you use Versaworks) and set your color management setting for this file to Density Control Only (in the color management preset list box).

If the insides of the letters have no ink, then you have a color management settings issue, and if they do, you have something else going on.

As stated,
• 0/0/0/0 (denotes a CMYK value)
• I'm using versaworks
• Using vector files as well

niksagkram

I had the same problem, turned out that one of our guys was using an RGB colour swatch in Corel, and for some reason, Versaworks was seeing it as "pinkish". Once we changed it to CMYK in Corel and then exported it as an eps, we had no issues. Never did try to figure out why, and it may not be the same cause for you, but it may point you in the right direction.

Mark

As stated,
• 0/0/0/0 (denotes a CMYK value)
• I'm using versaworks
• Using vector files as well

So are you saying that you have performed the test that I offered (print a vector-based CMYK file with color management preset set to Density Control Only)? If so, what were the results?

You are the one requesting that others offer to help, and I'm offering you a way to narrow down the possible causes of your issue. If you don't want to do this test, that is fine too.

jayhawksigns

Your profile may not print white as 0/0/0/0.

In Flexi, there is a setting to print each CMYK color as 100% if that is what the file calls for, no matter what the current profile would adjust it too. It also has that option for white. Don't know if Versaworks has that option, but I always have white selected for vector files.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So are you saying that you have performed the test that I offered (print a vector-based CMYK file with color management preset set to Density Control Only)? If so, what were the results?

You are the one requesting that others offer to help, and I'm offering you a way to narrow down the possible causes of your issue. If you don't want to do this test, that is fine too.

Ran test, Results were identical.
Sorry but it seemed some of the details in my post were missed the way you replied.
I do appreciate it.

If the results were identical, that does not point to a color management issue as the root cause of this. I would look next at:

Print room environment - is the humidity in the print room above 25-30 percent? If it is below that range, you can get ink spontaneously jetted due to static discharge.
Nozzle Test Print - Are you seeing any anomalies in test prints generated from machine firmware (isolating the printer from the computer)? You might want to view under a loupe to magnify the area and see sporadic ink dots in what should be white media.

Bly

Are you saying the source file is pure white but Versaworks is adding M to the print? Sorry I don't use VW.
If that's the case it's a profile issue.
Try a CMYK file if you're sending RGB.
Make sure rendering intent isn't on Absolute Colormetric.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
It's not the humidity or nozzle or profile because I don't have the problem when printing other files using the same profile.
It happens when I use a print/cut file with crop marks etc. I'm wondering if there is a connection there.

Hey bud...that happened to me a while back...trying to remember what it was...it looked kinda like a little yellowing in the banner will post when I remember....try transparent background?